There are a few things to be aware of before applying for the UAE Golden Visa. Firstly, not everyone can apply for it. Only those who fall within the acceptable categories can apply for it.
Secondly, the acceptable categories have different requirements, including different types of documents to provide. There are application costs and you can apply for the Visa-type inside or outside the UAE.
Below is detailed info on all you need to know before applying for the UAE Golden Visa.
Requirements for a UAE Golden Visa
If you fall under the following categories then you can apply for the UAE Golden Visa;
- Investors: They include real-estate investors who’ve purchased property worth at least AED 2 million.
- Entrepreneurs: They include individuals who own or are partners of start-up companies registered as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the UAE and generate not less than AED 1 million in annual revenues.
- Exceptional talents: They include inventors, innovators, and those talented in vital fields like culture, art, sports, and digital technology.
- Scientists: They include scientists and researchers with high achievements and influence in their field.
- Professionals: They include professionals in medicine, education, law, science and engineering, business and administration, and information technology disciplines, among other disciplines.
- Outstanding students and graduates: They include high achievers in the UAE Secondary school system and Universities and high achievers graduating from the best 100 universities worldwide.
- Humanitarian pioneers: They include distinguished members of international or regional charitable organizations.
- Frontline heroes: They include healthcare workers and any other frontline workers.
Different categories have different requirements or conditions. For example, professionals or skilled workers have to have a valid employment contract in the UAE, at least a Bachelor’s degree, and earn AED30,000 a month or above to be eligible for the visa.
Different categories require different sets of documents. Most categories require academic documents or an equivalency of the documents, work permits, including practicing licenses, and identification documents.
Doctors, for example, have to provide;
- Licence to practise from a UAE regulator
- Copy of labor card
- Copy of labor contract from the Ministry of Human Resource & Emiritasition
- Copy of the sponsored residency
An equivalency certificate is a mandatory requirement among many of the categories eligible for a Golden Visa. The document confirms your academic qualifications meet the UAE academic standards. The document can easily be gotten via DataFlow.
How to Apply for the UAE Golden Visa
Go to the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security site. Move the cursor to the “Services” option on the page. On the drop-down menu that appears click “eChannels Residency & Citizenship ” to be taken to the ICP smart services page. You can also get to the page by clicking here.
Once on the ICP smart service page click the “Golden Residency Services” option. On the next page on the “Nomination Request for Golden Residence-New Request” option click Start Service to begin your Golden Visa application process.
The application process has four stages. Stage 1 will require you to fill in the required information. Stage 2 will require you to attach the required documents. Stage 3 is for application review to ensure everything is correct. Stage 4 is for the application fees payment.
The visa application fees vary depending on the type of service and visa category. If you are applying for the visa type from the UAE the application will cost you between AED 2,800 and AED 3,800. If you are applying for the visa type from outside the UAE you will have to part with between AED 3,800 and AED 4,800.
The visa application process will also cost you several other charges, including around AED 1,000 for a medical examination and processing of an Emirates ID. You will also need to purchase UAE health insurance which varies in cost.
It will take at most 30 days to get a response to your Golden Visa application. The visa is subject to renewal after 10 years.
Benefits of the UAE Golden Visa
The UAE Golden Visa has many benefits, which is why it is a highly coveted visa type. It allows you to work, live, and study in the UAE for 10 years with or without a job. The visa allows you to live in the UAE even without employment.
It grants you special healthcare and health insurance packages and allows you to stay outside the UAE for extended periods without it getting nullified. If you have a family, the Visa allows you to sponsor them. You can also employ and support an unlimited number of domestic helpers with the visa.
Successfully applying for the UAE Golden Visa and getting it is easy if you are well prepared for it. A good preparation process includes ensuring you are eligible for the Visa, have all the required documents, which include an equivalency certificate, and have the money needed for application fees.
DataFlow provides one of a few platforms to help with your Golden Visa application process. Through the platform, you can better prepare for your visa application by ensuring you have your equivalency certificate beforehand.
Get your primary source verification (PSV) for your educational qualification with DataFlow to obtain your equivalency for the Ministry of Education (MOE):